The general conditions of operation define the rights and obligations of the Provider of services Nista d.o.o. (from now on: Provider) and of the Client (from now on: Client) and define the manner, the content and the conditions of operation. The general conditions are an elementary part of every contract, offer or subscription.
II. ADVICE MEETING AND ENTRY TEST
Every new student takes an on-line entry test which can be found on our website http://nista.si/testi/?lang=en, or at the company headquarters, and if needed also an oral exam. Based on the results, we can have an advisory meeting about the appropriate placement in groups. The advisory meeting can be done through a phone call or at the company headquarters.
III. ENROLING INTO OUR COURSES
To successfully enrol into our courses, the client must complete the application form, read our terms and conditions and make the advance payment.
IV. MONEY BACK
The Client is obliged to cover the entire course fee and other costs (course materials, international exam fee, etc.) In case of cancellation by the Provider, the Client is entitled to the refund of the entire course fee without interests. If the Client cancels the course due to improperly rendered service or due to force majeure (illness longer than 30 days, death in the family, etc.), they are entitled to a refund by providing appropriate evidence such as a medical certificate. In this case, they only pay for the attended lessons.
V. COURSE CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
If the Client cancels the course due to improperly rendered service or due to force majeure (illness longer than 30 days, death in the family, etc.), they are entitled to a refund by providing appropriate evidence such as a medical certificate. In this case, they only pay for the attended lessons. Other reasons, such as lack of time, holidays, unexpected school or work obligations, and similar cannot be considered as justified and the Client cannot use them as pretext for cancellation. In the case of a group course, the Client cannot take the remaining lessons to another course the following term. However, the Client can bring a substitute to take their place, as long as this new person has the required knowledge to attend lessons.
VI. COURSE CANCELLATION – INDIVIDUAL, INTERNAL GROUP WITHIN THE COMPANY AND CLOSED GROUP
In case the Client cannot come to an individual class or internal group class, they have to communicate it to the Provider at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start or by 10:00 am (if the class is scheduled on the same day in the afternoon, starting after 04:00 pm or in the evening). In case the student does not communicate the cancellation to the Provider in time, the class is considered as realised.
VII. COURSE CANCELLATION AND CHANGE OF SCHEDULE – COURSE IN GROUP
The course can change schedule before it begins and at the first meeting. Once the schedule is confirmed by all participants of the course, no changes are possible. In addition, after the first meeting, the course cannot be cancelled and changes of schedule are no longer possible. One exception is during school holidays (autumn, winter), when the participants of the course can agree amongst themselves to whether hold the course or postpone it for the duration of the holidays.
VIII. COURSE CANCELLATION BY THE PROVIDER
The Provider withholds the right to cancel particular lessons or the entire course due to reasons beyond its control (for example, insufficient number of students per course). Clients will be refunded (without interests) for each lesson cancelled by the provider. Clients can also use the paid lessons for other courses of their choice.
IX. OBBLIGATIONS OF THE CLIENT
The Client has to:
- complete the application form,
- read and agree to the terms and conditions of the Nista Language Centre,
- pay the course fee according to the price-list or offer sent and cover the expanses of the study materials before the beginning of the course,
- notify (a written notification) the Provider in case of absence or cancellation of the course due to illness lasting longer than 30 days and provide an appropriate medical certificate. This has to be acknowledged by the provider.
X. TYPES OF EDUCATION
Besides individual and semi-individual courses, Nista Language Centre also offers:
- courses in small groups max. 9 participants
- courses in groups for kids and teenagers max. 14 participants
- courses in groups for international certificates max. 10 participants
- courses in internal groups for companies
- courses in closed groups at Nista Language Centre
- on-line courses via Skype
Participants can join open courses in groups every week. If the Client joins in after first lesson, the following applies:
- if they join in during the second, third or fourth lesson, they have to pay the entire course fee,
- if they join in during the fifth, sixth or seventh lesson, they have to pay the entire course fee, but they are entitled to a free individual lesson, where they revise the content they have missed,
- if they join in after the eight lesson, the cost of missing lessons gets subtracted from the course fee.
XI. PROGRESS REPORT
The Client who has completed a 44-lesson course but has not yet completed the level, receives a progress report.
XII. CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
The Client receives the certificate of attendance after:
- completing a 44-lesson course,
- attending at least 80% of the course,
- taking the final test,
- paying the entire costs of the course.
XIII. CERTIFICATE OF THE LANGUAGE LEVEL
The Client receives the certificate after:
- concluding a language level according to European standards (from A1 to C2)
- successfully passing the final exam (with a score of 75% or higher),
- taking the final test,
- paying the entire cost of the course.
International certificates are obtained after successfully passing the international exam at a competent institution.
XIV. PAYMENT CONDITIONS
The Client undertakes to pay the course fee and the expenses of the study materials before the beginning of the course. The client undertakes to pay the cost of the course according to the terms in the price-list.
Payment conditions for Corporate Clients:
Corporate Clients are bound to present an order form and pay the cost of the course before it begins in a single payment into the Provider’s bank account: TRR10100-0032377625, at Banka Koper d.d. The cost of the study materials is not included in the price. In case of delay in payment, the provider withholds the right to request interests.
Payment in instalments:
The course can also be paid in instalments, except for courses with a discount. If the client misses one instalment, the Provider will send them a reminder and set a new payment deadline. In the event that the Client fails to pay again within the new deadline, all instalments are immediately due and the Provider can immediately demand payment of the entire course fee. The course fee does not include the cost of the study materials.
XV. TYPE OF PAYMENT
The course fee, study materials, translations and instalments, can be paid:
- via bank transfer,
- via online banking.
Clients are entitled to one of the following discounts:
- 5% for pre-enrolment between June 15th and 30th
- 5% for a second family member
- 10% for a third and every subsequent family member
- 5% for contemporary enrolment in two or more courses (it applies to the second course)
- 5% for high-school students, university students and seniors
Discounts do NOT apply to individual and semi-individual courses.
Discounts are not cumulative and therefore do not apply to courses already discounted.
XVI. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
The Provider is bound to protect the personal data of the Client according to the personal data protection law. Personal data will be used only for the aims of the contract, offers, invoices, and for information material and other necessary communications.
XVII. FINAL PROVISIONS
Slovene jurisdiction applies to all rights, obligations and responsibilities, between the contracting parties, that are not defined in the contract or in the general terms and conditions.
The parties will solve eventual disputes arising from the contract or connected to it in an amicable manner. In case this is not possible, the Court of Koper is competent to resolve any dispute.
The general conditions of operation are published on the website of the company Nista d.o.o. http://nista.si/?lang=en and available in the company’s headquarters in Šmarska cesta 5/D, Koper.